Saturday 2 July 2011

back into my stride

After a few days break I am now back to the wood turning again.
Had to fit a new dust extraction system, the dust from most woods is very harmful and most of the exotic hardwoods are very toxic while turning and the dust being so small can get through even the best masks, it's now so nice to breath fresh air whilst turning.

Here we have a six piece apothecary set in bethlehem olivewood, a lovely smooth finish and some lovely grain.

Please note all my turnings are my own ideas, when I put a piece of wood onto the lathe, for me it's creating art, I just let my imagination go.

Some of my turnings are available on my website www.harvington.com also some are available on ebay and even more will be available at the new Midland Dolls House fair at Droitwich in November.

And after putting my paints away for a short while I have started painting again, the first one is shown below, PROVENCE FARMHOUSE and is listed on ebay under the username of smallartist

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous unique turnings as always Dave - and I love the picture!!!
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, very nice...Dave! Also great to see you painting again. Celia

    ReplyDelete