Friday 25 May 2012

Hat Stands

Well we had a reasonable fair at Stourport on Severn last weekend, a very nice venue and a fair few people through the door.

To those of you who visited and may be reading this, it was nice to meet you and all being well we shall see you again next year.
Now getting ready for our next fair which is in Hinckley in three weeks time, have had a few days rest but today I returned to the workshop, turned a few new hat stands with shelves, the shelves are ideal for displaying gloves, handbags or shoes.
Lots more new items planned for the next few fairs, but need the workshop to cool down a bit, it's so hot in there at the moment.
Well you may wonder what else I am making, well I have said for years I don't make Dolls Houses, well that may just be about to change, okay I am not getting into 1/12th houses, but on a smaller scale, so far so good and all being well my first one or two will be available at Hinckley.
Also had a delivery of some really nice woods from America, so there will be plenty of new turnings in those woods as well, one wood that really stands out from the rest is a Brazilian rosewood burl.

No comments:

Post a Comment