Saturday 26 April 2014

smoking!

 
 
And for something completely different to my normal turnings, well perhaps a lot of them aren't normal!
This is a Hookah, originally it came from the Persian empire, then it became popular in Egypt, now it is known the world over, sometimes known as a water pipe or shisha, although many substances can be used it is know for flavoured tobacco, the vapours are passed though a water basin or bowl.
I have turned this from a lovely piece of a new hybrid material.
All my turnings are miniature, this hookah for example measures just under 2" tall.

Below is a tobacco jar and pedestal, I say tobacco but could be used to hold many different things.
The last of today's turnings is below, an incense burner, again this could be used for any purpose you wish.
 
The Tobacco jar with stand and the incense burner are both turned from Maple eye burl, this has a lovely finish, tops are removable and the bowls are hollowed out.
Now I need to start racking my brain to see what other ideas I can come up with.

7 comments:

  1. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. ceramic smoking pipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks weed smoking pipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... cat paw smoking pipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! ceramic smoking pipe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is good. Keep up the good work I also visit here: and I get lot of information. cat paw pipe

    ReplyDelete