Sunday 23 March 2014

More turnings in exotic woods.

 
Well I managed a couple of hours in the workshop this morning and have managed to turn some containers using an exotic wood called Thuya Burl, I just love working with burls as you never know how it is going to look, so many variations, the two above and two below are all from the same piece of wood.


The piece below is a hat stand with shelf which I have turned from Mexican kingwood, these take a bit longer to make than a lot of the other miniatures I make, but very satisfying when finished.


The stoneware/earthenware is the end product of some turnings I did in wood, I have then made moulds and cast them in a plastic resin.
 
And last but not least some more hand turned bottles, this time for the witches out there.
Dead Man's Port, Bat's eye whisky etc etc etc........
 
 

The article about my various turnings is going to be in American Miniaturist and is due to be in the June edition, also other turners are to featured in the article and I look forward to reading it.
 
Coming soon......... panoramic paintings, I have just finished making a mould for my latest frame and all being well will have a painting to put in it soon, but for now back to working on my commissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment